In The Name Of Allah The Beneficent The Merciful
The name of the religion is Islam, which comes from an Arabic root word meaning “peace” and “submission.” Islam teaches that one can only find peace in one’s life by submitting to Almighty God (Allah) in heart, soul and deed. The same Arabic root word gives us “Salaam Alaykum,” (“Peace be with you”). Muslims believe that since Allah alone is the Creator, it is He alone that deserves our devout love and worship. Islam holds to a strict monotheism. Any worship and prayers directed at saints, prophets, other human beings or nature is considered idolatry.
Charity No. 1064305
- We provide social, cultural and faith-based needs to the Muslim community.
- We provide social and cultural contacts for the students and the visitors from home and abroad.
- We hold the daily prayers and the Friday Service for men, women and children.
- We provide a Sunday school and Arabic language classes to the children and teenagers at the university campus.
- We co-ordinate advice and support to the Local Police Force, the City Council, the Prison Services, the Local Hospitals, the University of Kent, Cadma, Candifa and other statutory and voluntary bodies.
- We encourage social inclusion by bringing the Muslim community in contact with the wider community.
- We give advice and provide support to the bereaved families, to hold prayer and to arrange the burial, with the help of the Imam and the committee.
- We generate funds only from donations and charitable events and only use them for peaceful purposes.
- We are currently extending the building at the mosque, which is obviously very costly, and therefore any donations from the Islamic community would be gratefully appreciated
Additionally, if you can help or make a Dawah payment, please donate by one of the methods mentioned here.