In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
It is 20 years since we bought The Markaz and 10 years since it was granted planning permission to be used as a Masjid. Over the last 20 years, our Sisters have been praying in a converted garage which needs to be rebuilt. We are now at the final stages of our extension programme as this is needed to provide better and improved prayer and classes facilities for sisters/children. With this extension, we shall also be building a much needed place for washing the deceased (Ghusl-al-Mayyah) on the ground floor and accommodation for Imam on the first floor.
In November 2019, the council has approved the plans. The extension work should start as soon as practical and we have raised the required funds to start it. The total cost is approximately £300,000. Your contribution could be:
Please donate generously and encourage your family/friends to participate in this good deed.
The following methods can be used for the Mosque Project Appeal donations (Sadaqah) or for the Quran School fees. Do NOT use them for Zakat. For Zakat go to the last section below.
If you are a taxpayer, the best method to donate is through the Charity Checkout tab, where you can do one-off payment, or set up monthly ones. This method allows us to claim 28% extra on top of your donation without any extra cost on you.
For Mosque's Project Appeal donations, you can make payments by:
- Our bank account:
- LIoyds Bank
- Canterbury Muslim Cultural Centre
- Sort code: 30-91-60
- Account number: 03219903
- IBAN: GB23LOYD30916003219903
- BIC: LOYDGB21060
- Please text "Donate Mosque" to the number: 88802.
- Please put it in one of the donation boxes in the mosque, or hand it to one of the committee members.
- Please make it payable to "CMCC" (or Canterbury Muslim Cultural Centre). You can either post it to the mosque address, mentioned below, or hand it to one of the committee members.